From:
barneybut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:00:52 -0800
Sirs,
I want to upgrade my Pentium Pro 200 computer. I have noted that some of the newer software requires a faster processor. I use the machine for web-browsing, e-mailing and games such as 'Ages of Empires'.
I have looked at many web sites dealing with upgrades, and the more I look, the more confusing it seems to become.I have tentatively selected the following hardware for the upgrade. Will you please comment as to the completeness of my selections, and add any ideas you may have about the suitability of these parts:
CPU - AMD Duron 750 w/fan
Motherboard - Gigabyte (GA7ZX-1) w/4xAGP and 5PCI
Memory - Micron 128 MB DIMM PC133
Video - DiaViper 330 4MB 2xAGP
CD-RW - Creative 8432 8xCD-R ;4x CD-RW
These items will cost about $330.
I figure on using my existing CDR drive, Hard drives (2), Modem, and sound card, if needed, as well as my existing case, mouse, keyboard and speakers.

I'd appreciate your input before I buy this stuff.

Thanks,
Dale Butler
Sequim, Wa.

                     visit our download web page at: