From:
George Philp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:25:01 -0400
Marilyn,

Your problem regarding the missing file may have been solved by now,
but if not you can go to this article by Fred Langa.

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=185301251

I am not shilling for him but you might want to subscribe to his
Newletter. He has two versions Free and a Plus version which costs
about $12.00 a year. I have received his Plus version for many years
and always get something from every issue.

Take care, George

From:    Marilyn Leathers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Missing windows system32 hal.dll file

Hello All,
       I have a friend pc that is running Windfows XP Media Center
Edition that is missing the hal.dll file. The computer will not boot
off of the recovery disk nor can I bring the system up in safe mode.
   Most of my research says that I should fix ther boot.ini file with
a recovery console. Well, the system will not run the system recovery
disk. I keep getting the same error that hal.dll is missing.
   I'm thinking abou taking the hard drive out of the freinds
computer and putting in my computer as a slave and fix the problem of
the missing file. Any suggestions would be appreciated of the
quickest method of fixing the problem of the missing hal.dll file.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com