From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:10:29 -0500
Don't forget to scan and save the "free space" as files
from the drives in question, (to a different drive)...
You will not be able to recover that from a sector Image
too easily unless you restore the entire image to a drive...
It helps if the files are small or the sectors are large...
You then do "keyword" searches, if you know what you
are looking for...
(One of the few times large "slack waste" drives come in handy...)
I never bothered with sector images so I do not know what
they will look like in Ghost Explorer, but the "blank space"
might get truncated, especially if you use any compression...
Is it out of the question to upgrade the drives and "snatch"
the old ones? That seems the most "invasive", but the safest.
                 Rick Glazier

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml