From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:27:15 -0500
I run one SLI card without problems.  If I ran two, there would be no room
for any other cards; no sound card, for instance.  (This depends on the
motherboard and the cards, of course.)

You need to have a motherboard that supports the video card  (or a video
card that works on the motherboard).  My motherboard with PCI Express does
not have an AGP slot on it.  I can't speak for every mb on the market, but I
suspect that PCIE mb's don't support AGP, and vice versa.  So, just make
sure that your pieces are compatible.  I think that PCIE is the wave of the
future, so its advantage is that it will likely have a more lengthy life.
Note, that the power supply comes into play here, too.  Using an adapter I
used a PCI Express power supply with a non-PCIE motherboard.  I doubt (but
am not certain) that you can use an older power supply with PCIE.

Dean Kukral