From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 00:18:39 -0400
> As far as distribution goes don't use cd-rw to do it if
> they don't have the same program they can't read it.

     I don't know where people are getting this idea from. While it is true
that you can format a CDRW with Direct CD or other packet writing software,
there is no reason to do it that way. If I burn a CDRW as a normal data CD,
any CDROM that can read CDRWs will be able to read it, without special
software. If you want to distribute using CDRW, then burn them the same way
as you would a CDR. I only use the packet writing software when I really
need too, it just wastes too much space (a formated DirectCD volume only has
about 500MB left!!). TTYL

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions