From:
Julius Militante <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 15:14:40 -0500
Thanks for all the replies!  Everything's working now!  I removed and
replaced the video, sound and modem cards, all of which seemed loose to
some degree.  I didn't touch the RAM, so I guess that wasn't the problem.
Now, I really think I jarred the video card loose while I struggled with
the new power supply.  I am still at that point where I am pretty scared
about how rough the various components could be handled.  (I look at these
things like they're made of thin glass!)

Thanks again to all!

>If the fan on the CPU powers up, then the odds are really good that
>your powersupply is not the issue.
>
>At this point, you may have issues with something connected to
>the motherboard that was jarred out of place during the replacement
>of the powersupply.  You should remove and reseat all of your
>I/O cards, such as video, modem and so forth.  You should also
>check to see if your ram modules are firmly into their slots, as well
>as the CPU if it is a Slot 1 or Slot A chip.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions