From:
Ian Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:02:32 +1200
Some of the Conexant\Rockwell drivers can be a real pain to locate.  Are
there any other labels on the modem card? And what are the full chip labels?
(ie, what do the biggest, or 2 biggest chips,  have written on them?)

I've amassed quite a collection of assorted drivers - I might be able to
point you in the right direction.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Terrence Nolley" Subject: [PCBUILD] Conexant/Rockwell modem not being
recognized...

> Hello all,
>
>     I recently tried to install a Conexant/Rockwell 56FW PCI modem on a
> system that I previously reinstalled Win98 on.  The customer didn't have
> the original drivers that came with the modem, so I decided to download
> the drivers from the internet. I tried at least three different drivers
> without luck.  (By allowing the OS detect the PnP device and manual
> installing the drivers with the "Add New Hardware Program")  When I run
> the Modem diagnostic test I would receive the message "Modem fail to
> respond" or the dreaded BSOD)  I would appreciate any help.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com