Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:24:43 -0500
I built a gaming system running Win XP Home Edition, and using an Epox 8RDA+ motherboard. The system worked great, and I used it for about 3 months before boxing it up for a move.

Today I pulled the system out to fire it back up after about 6 months of sitting in a non climate controlled environment in FL, and the system would not boot. It powers up, the DVD and floppy drives get power, and the 80 Port Debug LED runs through some POST codes, and stops on FF, Boot attempt.

My question is twofold.

1. What are the chances that I damaged the motherboard/video card/etc. by storing the system in a shed where the temperature and humidity were not controlled while the system was not connected to power?

2. If the hardware is not damaged, what should I attempt first to diagnose the problem, and get the s
ystem booted?

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

                     visit our download web page at: