From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:17:13 -0400
I tried that, but it only gives me the options of uninstalling or repairing, both of which give me internal error 1715 or the mfldr.dll error or both.  Because it is already there it won't let you install over itself.  Most of the new installer/uninstaller programs are like that now. In the olden days you could install over it and get back what's missing. Mcafee apparently wants you to keep their stuff.  For now I am manually downloading their updates. Since they charge you for this I have to wonder why free downloads are still available.

>Hi Joseph,
>
>Reinstall the copy you now have installed over itself (to the same
>location). This should replace the missing file. Restart and attempt to
>uninstall it from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
>
>For your (and everyone's) information, the free Microsoft Windows Security
>CD includes a trial copy (free for one year) of EZ Armor LE from eTrust. It
>includes anti-virus and firewall software and you can check it out here:
>http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/cd/order.mspx.
>
>Additionally, here are links to two free anti-virus programs. Both include
>free updates:
>
>AVG Anti-Virus
>http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
>
>avast! 4 Home