From:
John Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:35:17 -0400
Dear List Members:

We have recently had an old Tandy 4825sx, serial# 002270, model# 25-5142
donated to us. We have no documentation on the system. We intend to use it
in a small library with a reference encyclopedia CD - dedicated to this use.
It currently has Win 3.1 installed which is fine for this purpose.
We would like to upgrade the memory from the current 4 megs to 8 megs which
will give much better performance under Win 3.1.
I looked at the motherboard and it takes 30 pin simms and there are 9 chips
to a simm. There are 8 slots and 4 slots are empty.
I could not find any info at Radio Shacks web site about the unit.
In searching for memory I found listed:
     1meg - 1*9 - 60ns, 70 ns, and 80 ns
Is this the memory that I would need? And can we just go with the fastest
memory? Is parity and non-parity and issue or is this all parity memory? Also,
I understand that the memory has to be added in banks of four? Is that correct?
(I have never bought these older simms before)

Also, anyone know a source for any cheap used printers.

Thank you in advance for you help!

Sincerely, John Rinehart

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html