From:
Leigh Jennings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 20:55:27 +1100
Hi

On Boot, my computer started to show a keyboard error before loading
windows (xp). It would make a continual clicking which would stop and
start, especially  if I played with the keyboard plug (ps2
type).  Occasionally I would succeed in getting it to stop clicking
and enable the keyaboard at the same time.  A successful boot would follow.
Thinking this was a problem with the keyboard socket on the
motherboard, and given a past problem with adjacent mouse (ps2)
socket. I got a usb keyboard and plugged it in.  (using a usb mouse
fixed the mouse problem)

when I booted with the usb keyboard plugged in I got a continual
beebing (rather than clicking) which would sometimes stop for a few
seconds.  The keyboard was non responsive..  So then I plugged in the
ps2 keyboard, leaving the usb keyboard plugged in and by fiddeling
with the ps2 plug I could get the beeping to stop.  On one occasion I
managed to enable the usb keyboard doing this on another it wouldnt go at all.

The sound comes from the from the pc speaker not the sound card

I am hoping my mother board isn't toast just yet......  Any Ideas????

Chip:           AMD 1.333
MOBO:   Asus A7M 266
RAM:            500 meg DDR
Mouse:  USB (optical, wheel mousee)