From:
Dale Mentzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:37:40 -0400
On 30 Aug 99 at 0:36, L. Hooper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Thanx, Jan, for straightening me out. I don't know how
>>I came to the assumption that Dr. Hardware was free.
>>And I checked; Dr. Hardware v5.5e Sysinfo (DOS) refuses to work
>>after 14 days.
>>Still it is a great program for evaluating a PC, but;
>>
>>According to the Dr, Hardware license agreement, for every
>>computer it gets used on, one needs to purchase an additional
>>license, quoting here;
>>   "The purchaser may use a single purchased copy only for
>>   his own purposes, and only on one computer at one time".
>>This of course renders the program legally useless
>>for my intended purposes as a PC technician.
>>
>>I'm wondering if any No-Spin members know of a cheaper, or
>>better, and/or free hardware evaluation program which can be
>>carried on a floppy disk and not installed on the computer?
>>Thanx
>>Larry Hooper

Try this link:

http://hardware.jatekok.hu/asdemo/

Recommended to be the best hardware diagnostic program. I have not
used a lot of them, so it is hard for me to confirm that, but it
seemed pretty impressive to me. I would be interested to hear others
comments about the program here if you try it.

Regards,
Dale Mentzer

It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

    This mail written by a user of Arachne, the DOS Internet Client
                WWWWW World Wide Web Without Windows
          http://home.arachne.cz Arachne DOS Browser Home Page

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html