From:
Matthew Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 01:30:50 -0800
You didn't say which version of DOS or Windows you are using, but if you
are using DOS/Windows 3.1, then you need to add a line to you config.sys
file:  LASTDRIVE=Z where Z can be any letter from A to Z, or if there is
already a line like this in you config.sys file, you can just make the
letter to one later in the alphabet.  If you are using Windows 95/98, then
you just need to remove that line from config.sys (Windows 95/98
automatically allows for higher drive letter) or just use the same as for
Windows 3.1.  This should allow you to create the thrid partition on your
Hard Drive and still access your CD-ROM.  Just to mention, the 2.142 limit
on your computer is due to the design of FAT16 which is probably what you
are using, which FAT32 (Win95SR2 and Win98) have to allow you to use.
Matthew Ballard
Computer Consultant