From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:16:12 -0700
At 10:16 AM 11/11/98 , you wrote:
>I have a AMD K-6 300 running on a California Graphics Photon 100
>motherboard. The OS is Windows 98. Intermittently, when I start the
>computer, the screen remains blank, and the computer makes beeps, like dee
>du dee du dee du, etc. Any idea what causes this, and how I could fix it?
>Thank you,
>
>Chuck Hassenplug

Chuck,

If this occurs before the system does a memory post, it is probably your BIOS
giving you an error code.  You need to tell us if you have AMI, AWARD or
PHOENIX bios...  and the exact number of beeps, how many long ones and
how many short ones...  and in what order.

Then we can look up the error code or you can just go to the web pages for
these BIOS manufacturers and examine them yourself.

It could be many things...  such as a ram error, video card error and so forth...
typically it may be just a matter of reseating the errant component...   which
might have been jostled loose in moving the computer.

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD  -  PCSOFT
                          PC-PDA  -   I-GAMES