From:
Jerol Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:54:01 -0500
McFee claims there is a memory resident virus (ANTICMOS.A) It also claims that all of the startup floppy disk and other floppy disk are infected. Norton Utilities will not install claiming there is a "memory resident virus" however when the floppy disk are checked on another computer NU finds no virus.

HD controller is Intel 82371 FB PCI Buss master IDE ,Child 1 &2 both show (!) Primary IDE controller (dual fifo). Report indicates they are not working properly and the system is running in "compatibility mode".

My CDROM would not install with factory software but works fine with Dos installed from the startup floppy disk.

The system is and IBM compadable,133mhz pentium,48mb RAM, CDROM is Mitsumi Fx 600 IDE ATAPI, sound card is ISA Yamaha OPL3-SAx,and modem is Best Data 56k PCI.

Two hard disk "C" is newer 2gig Western Digital and "D" is 4gig Western Digital and has a bad sector. I installed the operating system and other files from drive D to drive C and reformated drive D

All worked fine until I installed the new hard drive. Somewhere in there I lost it. I have tried to un-install the HD controller plus the first and second IDE drivers using MS instructions. They reinstall the same way when I restart.

Being somewhat new at this I have exhausted all the research available on the Forum and remain stuck without additional advice.

Can anyone help??