Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:06:21 -0500
 If you had XP as an OS I'd say use "system restore" to go back to a time before the installations, but that isn't the case.  The first thing I'd try is to go to device manager and remove your Sony DVD/CD burner.  Then turn off your computer, open the case and disconnect it.  Do a restart so as to complete the removal of the Sony, then turn off the computer and reconnect the drive before starting it up again. Win 98 will find it and reinstall it from scratch.  If it still won't work then there is something left over from one of those programs that conflicts with the drive.  Finding that will be a much bigger project.