From:
David Rezachek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:43:11 -1000
PCBUILD:

I have been unable to get the Intel PC Camera Pack, USB version to work
on my Micron Gobook 2 laptop. This computer is operating on Windows 98
(version 4.10.1998). I have been unable to determine whether the USB
port is enabled since there is no information or setting for the USB
port in the Bios version on my computer (16-06).

The computer does recognize the Intel USB Video Camera III, however, and
the Device manager (sound, video, and game controllers) states that the
Intel USN Video Camera III is working properly. The Universal Serial Bus
Controller show that both the Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host
Controller and USB Root Hub are also working properly. (The Micron Tech
Support guy informs me that this indicates that the USB port is
enabled.)

The configuration wizard gets as far as the video section where it give
an error message ("Configuration Wizard in unable to initialize the
video capture device ...") However, the video capture device is
Microsoft WDM Image Capture and is listed as enabled in System Devices.
There are no (apparent to me, at least) conflicting devices.

I was able to get the camera to work properly on my Dell Dimension XPS
266 desktop computer running Windows 95 (version 4.00.950a) and on my HP
Pavilion 6370Z desktop running Windows 98.

The Intel Tech Support guy thinks that it might be a conflict with the
laptop power management system (Micron says no), and suggests that I
disable it.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and found a fix? Can you
help me?

Aloha,

David Rezachek