From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:45:45 +0000
Greetings--

Is the "firmware" up to date?  This is a 'hardware-level' version of the OS driver.  If it is not up to date, you'll need to search for a firmware driver for your specific make and model of the optical drive, and install it, in order for the OS driver to work with the hardware you have.

HTH.

Paul A. Shippert

School Librarian

Margaret Brent Middle School