From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 00:06:54 -0400
Without knowing the CPU type, the socket type (or slot type),
the way the fan was mounted, the shape of the heat sink, or what
(if any) type of a "shroud" directs air over the CPU,  it is not possible
to give detailed cleaning instructions.
(Just make sure that you put back "properly" anything you take off...)

I might have mentioned I use AMD and they are brain-dead simple
to clean.  I removed the fan screws to clean the heat sink. I did not want
to "deal with" changing the "bubblegum" transfer material or re-grease
the CPU, (depending on which way I had "done it" last time...)

Mine was packed with so much dirt it looked like it was partly covered
with a rug...  I have digital pictures if anyone wants them.

                                             Rick Glazier