From:
"Darren K. Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:59:10 -0400
Personally, I've never had any problems with my G200, and I did have to call
Matrox one time for some help with setting up my Rainbow Runner G-Series. I
got through on the first try, and my questions we answered in under five
minutes.

Darren K. Page

I have a millenium G200 with 8mb of ram and find it to be a very good card
in nearly all applications, games and business. But after finding the poor
support of Matrox, I have no interest in recommending or purchasing another
Matrox card in the future. When faced with another quality purchase I went
for the newer 3DFX Voodoo2000, since TNT2 was not yet available. I find this
to be a very good card performer for the price. I would recommend TNT2, 3DFX
and Matrox in that order. I think you can make better choices for non-intel
chipsets and the support problems that currently plague Matrox make any
purchase, one that carries some risks.

David Olds

>> Is there anything bad I should be aware of before buying a Matrox
Millenium
>> G200 card? As far as I already know, it delivers supreme quality in both
2D
>> and
>> 3D, excellent 2D performance but the 3D speed i not very convincing.
>> I have a MVP3 Super 7 motherboard, so I'm not so sure it would work as
good
>> as
>> it can.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: