From:
Mark Tretter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 03:27:28 -0600
You would have to obtain an external enclosure , follow the instructions
for installing the hard drive into it, then connect the enclosure via USB
cable to the Computer via the USB port, load any drivers needed ( they would
come with the USB enclosure) and then try to access the drive.  If it was
working well enough to be recognized by Windows, it would show up as a
removable device(drive) in My Computer.  You could then copy what data you
needed off of it to your new hard drive.  I have included a link to a
Staples ad for such an enclosure.  Note that it may need an A to B USB cable
additional as I don't see one listed in the ad. The address is long , you
may have to copy and paste into your browser.   HTH
Mark
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesSearch?zipCode=62301&jspStoreDir=Staples&searchSumUrl=searchresultssummary&errorUrl=searchnoresults&keyword=USB+ENCLOSURE&langId=-1&ts=1168075237277&searchUnsumUrl=searchresults&storeId=10001&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd