From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:43:44 -0600
David A. Abbe wrote:

> Hi Folks, hope all is well,
>
> My father's puter is approx one year old.  It is a Gateway 180 pro with
> 32 meg, a 4.3 HDD, Win 95 version A, and a
>
> 17 " Crystal Scan 700 Monitor.
>
> Ok,
>      So during inactivity, it goes to screen saver, then after a bit into
> it's energy saver mode.  So far so good, not a problem,  but when you
> move the mouse or whatever to bring it back up, the monitor comes back on
> normally, then after approx one second, goes off again and comes right
> back up.  When it does this it makes a very loud CLICK but then works
> fine after that,  I guess this has been going on for quite awhile, maybe
> since new, he just mentioned it.  I would deeply appreciate any
> suggestions and or responses.

Greetings,
My Sony 17" monitor has acted just like that for almost two years with
no problems. My system is a P133 Compaq. I wouldn't worry too much about
it. I would suspect you'll get advice to get the latest video driver,
which is not a bad idea, but I wouldn't worry about the clicking. Oh, if
your monitor blows up please don't blame me.

Cheers,
Kelly Younger