From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:18:51 -0700
Eric:
I have used harddrive caddies in my machines for years.
I don't think the slight shock of inserting the caddy is of any consequence.
The caddies I have actually insert quite gently.
They have a locking lever that pushes the connectors into place.
Of course I don't really remove them too often.
I don't think modern harddrives are that fragile especially when they are
not spinning.

If there is any danger of damage to a harddrive in a caddy
it would be rough handling or electrostatic discharge
if the drive is being transported from one location to another or is
removed and stored out of the machine.