From:
Arnie Robuck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 05:35:32 -0500
There was some talk about "memory drain" some time ago on the list. Can
someone out there explain what this is. Does it occur while the computer is
being used or is it something that occurs only when the computer is idle. ?

I tend to be one of those people who leaves the computer on all of the time.
I have been noticing a degradation of performance after a long period of
inactivity recently and I'm wondering if this is due to this "memory drain"
or should I be looking for something else.

When returning to the computer from, say an overnight idle period, the
machine seems to working fine except I get one or two GPF's almost every
morning. After a quick reboot of the computer, I can go all day using the
system without a single GPF or any other problem for that matter.

System: IBM P200 430VX, 32mbr, 2.5gb IDE HD, 8x CD-ROM, SE34SRS Sound/Modem,
ATI Rage on-board video

Arnie Robuck