From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:35:18 -0700
Did the Win XP install get done as an upgrade, or as a new installation?
Doing a new install is the best way, but all of the application software
will need to be reinstalled. This is because XP does not have a record of
the application in its registry.

Installing as an upgrade usually imports the installed software information,
but it also often compromises the overall XP installation. It is then not as
stable as it would be with at clean install.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml