From:
Robert Atworks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:12:23 -0400
I have a JVC xr-rw4424 burner and would like to upgrade the firmware.
CenDyne has the upgrade for this burner but it won't install.  I am
running win 98SE on a Tiger pro 667mz, Soyo mother board VIA chip set.
What is firmware and where does it install to the burner it's self or
BIOS?  or is it a computer software?  The second part is drivers should I
upgrade CD-ROM drivers by DOS by editing or changing autoexec.bat and
config.sys or just leave them alone and let Atapi do its thing.  I can
not find any upgrades to Adapi files.  I have a problem running adaptec
take two cd-rom backup software.  I would like to use this software or
something like it because ms-backup will only let me burn one CD at a
time and does not support media changes.

thanks Robert Anger

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html