From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:13:04 -0800
Apparently you have done too deep of a cleaning. If the files/folders
are still in your recycle folder, you can right click on a listed item
and restore it.

As to the Zip location being no longer available, I have run into this
seemingly when I take too long to move the contents to a permanent
location. There is probably a better reason, but I have found that as
long as I move the expanded files as a first step after being unzipped,
I do not have a problem with disappearing folders.

A very long start up is more likely related to the number of programs
being loaded on startup. Go to run and enter msconfig and then check the
startup programs. If you know what each program is and you know you do
not need it at system startup, you can uncheck it and as you back out
you will have to restart the computer. Reinstalling the OS should be
reserved for a last resort.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Anapro wrote:
> I have been doing Spring cleaning on my computer to delete old files. For
> some reason, I have started to get repeated, multiple pop-up messages saying
> that the "... refers to a location that is unavailable." when I delete a
> folder. The pop-ups happen repeatedly for some time after the deletion has
> occurred. Also get this sort of message when I open a zip file. I then get a
> warning that the temporary location that the unzip program apparently used
> is no longer available. This has not happened before. I tried turning off
> Google Desktop thinking it was a search update that was causing this, but it
> did not help.
>
> Anyone else run into this sort of problem? I am about to re-install Windows
> because the system has become lethargic with lots of disk activity on boot
> up - in other words, very slow operation. However, I am very curious as to
> what may be causing the warning messages.
>
> Thanks for any input to this.
>
> Peter Shkabara

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com