From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:05:25 -0800
Along these lines, my ISP also just upgraded their modems to all V.90.
During this period there were numerous connect problems, such as
disconnects, busy signals and slow connect speeds. I just recieved a letter
from them explaining that they had to get software written for whatever
their modems are from 3Com. A friend who has the misfortune of having only a
14.4 modem still has problems. We tried numerous AT strings at their
sugguestion, nonw of which helped. Whereas my USR v.90 fax modem, non
winmodem, connects consistantly at either 46.6 or 49.3. So I believe that
older hardware may have compatibility problems with the newer standards.
Brad Loomis

                                  -----