From:
Pete McMullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:33:17 -0700
On 8/14/2011 12:44 PM, Michael Lanspa wrote:
> I'm just wondering if any of you would concur with DELL's diagnosis, and if
> it is the motherboard and power source, would any of you have a ballpark
> estimate on how much to replace them and whether our data on the hard drive
> is still intact?

I'd look first at the Power Supply which can be replaced quite
inexpensively and simply. If not, Dell's system boards are unique to
Dell so you'd have to get it from them. Replacement isn't hard though.
Only way to tell about the HD is to either get the PC working or attach
the drive to another computer and see.

--
Pete McMullen

                     visit our download web page at: