Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:12:38 +1300
Steve, I'm curious as to what you call 'very inexpensive'.

The cheapest diagnostic card available here sells for about $1500, about the
price of a good used car.

I've been building and repairing computers for many years now, but so far
I've managed to do without one of these diamond-encrusted gadgets, and will
continue to do so while they remain so ridiculously priced.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Steve CollinsSubject: Re: [PCBUILD] Newly built throws tantrum

Steve,

After building 40 computers, I'm in total shock that you have never
invested in a PCI post diagnostics test card.  They are very inexpensive
and will save you hours troubleshooting these niggly little problems.