From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 16:26:17 -0600
At 08:54 PM 09/08/2000, Steven Swann wrote:
>Hello all,
>         can any one help me, I have two mother boards (one with a slot 1 with a Pentium
> and the other is a socket 370 with a Pentium)
>does any one know how I can combine these to effectively have one PC.
>
>any ideas would be great, as the Pentium is just lying around doing nothing.

In basic terms, the motherboard is the computer.  I cannot imagine
a way to put two of them together to build one PC, rather like adding
a second engine to your car.  Maybe it could be done, but the re-engineering
that would be required would make the whole process beyond credibility.

Dual processor motherboards, (note once again it is one motherboard to
a PC), use matching CPUs.  When I say matching, it is always best to not
only have the CPUs identical, but it is also best to have them from the
same production batch.

As Bill has already mentioned, your best alternative here with a second
motherboard is to just build another PC with it, for that is what a motherboard
is after all...  another PC.  You can connect them using a network cable
for added functionality, moving some services off your client machine so
that it is less burdened with work, such as printing...

Then you can join the realm of those who are "Double Geeking," the new term
for a person using two PCs at the same time, (not my term, but one foisted
upon us by the media as of late).

    Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions