From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:46:32 -0700
  Kerry is asking about a "phone line network", a home networking technology
which offers LAN-style connectivity between machines over the phone lines
within a single house or apartment.  These do not generate tones like a
modem, and do not offer access to the outside world.
  Allen, your answer refers to the case where computer modems are connected
to more than one extension of a phone line.  Everything you say is correct,
but it refers to a different technology than what Kerry is asking about.

David Gillett

On 19 Oct 2002, at 22:01, Allen D Montgomery wrote:

> If you have both computers on a single phone line, both can access the
> internet, though not at the same time.  If you want to print something from
> the computer that does not have the printer connected to it, simply print to
> a file, and send it to the other as an email attachment.
>
> copy filename lpt1
>
> This command should print, if your printer is set to lpt1, which is the most
> common setup.
>
> Allen D. Montgomery

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml