From:
John Kemp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 14:20:18 -0400
This might be a silly question but - do you have any of the manuals that
came with your monitor?

What you are looking for are the degausing instructions. Most CRTs will have
a button on the front bezel where you can enter the monitor settings menu -
and a pair of buttons near that button so that you can navigate in this
menu. There should be a degausing selection in the choices. Don't worry
about messing things up, you cannot do any real damage from within the menu.
If you find the degaus feature, activate it. It will make your screen jump -
so be prepared for a little freakiness. Once should be good enough. The
general rule is - not to degaus too often as this can be hard on the monitor
overtime/frequency.

HTH...John