From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:45:14 GMT
I have installed a couple of Winmodems.  I am sure most will agree with me
that they can be quite a pain.  Of all the ones I have installed, I have had
to disable COM2 on the motherboard and set the modem up on this COM port.  I
am sure there is another way to do this, but after 20 hours of trying
(litererally) I gave up and left them this way.  Hope this helps.

Kyle

>From: Dal and/or Gina Hunkins <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [PCBUILD] LT Winmodem error
>Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:26:51 -0400

>I am installing a 56K LT chipset Wisecom modem for a client.  I am
>receiving a port already open message on check in Modem Properties through
>control panel in Win95.  Also, in system properties, the window hangs on
>attempting to view modem resources.  IRQ settings show that modem is using
>Com3, IRQ 11, a shared resource.  Modem literature says set for COM3 IRQ5
>or COM4, IRQ3, but I cant change settings.  Modem is PNP and jumperless.
>I've tried to install to separate, but identical, modems.  Original modem
>died following what may have been an electrical surge during a
>thunderstorm.    Any ideas?  Thanks tons.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org