From:
Brendhan Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 17:48:46 -0700
Wow the big kahuna himself, I don't know the name of it which means this may not help much but I remember the unique feature was the cd drives were like those for imac no slide out tray and they would work well sideways. I will try to remember were I looked at them it was a big name like phillips or nec I also remember they weren't cheap.  As soon as I find them I will email the names but I am passing this alonng because maybe somebody has quicker recall then I do.

On Sun, 02 April 2000, Bob Wright wrote:

> I am building a series of servers and they require IDE cd rom
> drives.  These drives must be mounted in the front of the box
> sideways.
>
> The drives I intended to use will not run in this configuration,
> erroring out unless I tip the case on the side.  This is not
> acceptable.
>
> My question:  Is anyone aware of an IDE drive that will operate
> when turned on the side?
>
>      Bob Wright
> The NOSPIN Group
>
>                PCBUILD mailing list is brought to you by:
>                             The NOSPIN Group
>                   http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

Thanks,
Brendhan Horne