From:
Don Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:07:16 -0400
Hello,

I would only suggest a Dell Laptop.  I have done computer repair and
sales for over 10 years now, and I love my Dell Inspiron.  What you will
need is a desktop replacement laptop.  They may be a bit heavier than
those thin little jobbers, but it pays for itself in the long run.  Get
the biggest schreen you can afford.  The screen can't be upgraded.  I
have a 15 in XGA on my Dell which has been wonderful.  Second, go for a
pentium chip, not a celeron.  They will give your system the oomph it
needs, then Ram.  128 or up to 256, you don't really mneed more than
128.  I have done 1000's of repairs on systems.  But very few on Dells.
When I have done work on a Dell, it was almost always user errors, not
hardware trouble.  Their tech support is great.  And lastly, get a good
Targus laptop bag.  I have a Targus backpack style bag, and it is solid,
even though I pack it with tons of tools and repair stuff to the point
of bursting.  The zippers are solid and padding protection is great.  Ay
questions.  Email me [log in to unmask]

Don Morgan