From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:36:18 -0700
At 09:38 PM 3/2/98 +0800, Miguel Morillo wrote:
>How do I transfer the cpu fan attached to my pentium chip to another
>pentium chip? Is the CPU fan permamently glued or is there a way to remove
>it without destroying the logo of the pentium chip and re-attaching the fan
>to another chip? Please help coz i'm still a newbie on this matter. Thanks
>in advance

Most heatsink/fan units are  clipped to the dogears on the
CPU socket.   Some others are two peices, surrounding the chip
and come apart after the CPU is removed from the socket....  but,
a few are actually glued to the chip.

If your current heatsink/fan is glued to the chip I would not attempt
to pry it off.  These units are relatively inexpensive.  I can buy
the best units, (ball bearing fans), for about $8.00, and you should
be able to do as well  in your area.   I would check out your
local computer component vendor.   The price of a new heatsink/fan
is far less than the value of your old chip, which you should be able
to resell.

Bob