From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:44:14 -0700
I'm sorry to say this, but the first thing that comes to mind is bad memory.
And yes, memory that was good yesterday can go bad today.  The only way to
truly prove this would be to either rebuild the machine with the current
operating system (I would use a small spare disk for this to avoid
overwriting your current setup), or if you have multiple SIMMs/DIMMs you
could try swapping them around and see if the "unreliable memory address"
changes.

It is possible that your HIMEM.SYS is corrupt.  But, the reason it says
HIMEM.SYS is missing is because it expects to see it located in the TSR
memory and it is not there due to the previous error.  It has nothing to do
with the physical location of HIMEM.SYS on the hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Kyle