From:
Curt Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:00:32 +0000
On 25 Aug 98, at 22:41, Jun Qian wrote:
> does anyone know what does this mean and how can i fix it:
> I looked into my bootlog.txt file and find the following two lines
> [000fe6a8] Loading Vxd=ebios
> [000fe6a9] LoadFailed=ebios

Jun:
You should be OK - The message is normal.  Almost all computers will not
need the ebios.vxd driver to load.  It is there for compabitiy with old
machines...

Here is more on ebios:
An enhanced bios is a bios that makes it possible to use hard disks
exceeding the infamous 504mb barrier with Windows/Dos.  The origin is
disk geometry (cylinders, heads, sectors) supported by the combination
of an IDE drive and the bios software interface.  Both IDE and the bios
are capable of supporting huge disks, but their combined limitations
restrict the useful capacity to 504 mb.  The  enhanced bios gets around
this by using a different geometry when talking to the drive than when
talking to the software.

Don't forget to visit:
Curt's Corner in Cyberspace
http://www.syspac.com/~cdavis