From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 20:57:51 -0400
Here is one last act of a desperate man.  I kept getting page not found
errors too, using ms ie5.  I did not use a proxy, you probably don't either
if as I suspect your connecting through a lan based switch.  Every time I
tried to run Internet explorer connection wizard, it kept asking for the
proxy, as soon as I said none, it tried to dial the modem.  If I stopped
that, it said successfully installed and then any url I entered it said not
found.  Same for you?  Uninstall your browser, and reinstall it.  The first
time you use it, it will run the connection wizard and when you say you
connect through a lan it will find the gateway out to the internet through
the switch.  This depends on your ip addresses being correct in network
properties.
Tom Turak