From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:53:39 -0600
At 05:10 AM 6/14/99 , Raymond Hornung wrote:
>I recently saw an ISA video card with a cable type jack on the back.  This cannot be the only
>hardware needed to view pc video output on my TV, can it?  What type hardware is needed?

To have video output to a television it only requires a video card that supports
this function.  Often times using TV output will require you limit the resolution
the card is using.   In my case I have an ATI Rage Fury 32mg card in my personal
system with TV output.  Though I use the card at 1024x768 when using my
monitor, it must be adjust to 800x600 to view the computer output on a television.

TV output cards require the proper drivers and associated software to send a
signal to your television properly, this is normal.   Many companies make TV
out cards from as little as 1mg on up...   I formally used the STB Velocity 128
4mg card w/TV output.  It also worked very nicely.   The TV output function
is often available on video cards for a slight increase in the price of the card.

These cards are intended for presentation purposes, to connect to a television
set for an audience.   But, imagine connecting your computer to a big screen
TV with a wireless mouse and keyboard.  You can enjoy the use of your
computer while lounging in your family room on the sofa, entertaining your
friends and family.

                Bob Wright
       The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org