From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:30:52 -0400
It just becomes a question of substitution.  You need to pull the drives
out and bread board them so you can pull the sound cables and
try the different sound card inputs with each drive and localize the
problem to wires, CD drives, or the sound card.
If it turns out the sound card input you just started using (if I read
this correctly) is bad or distorted, there are special mixer cords
available that join two CD-Rom drive sound outputs into one
sound card input.  http://www.cyberguys.com/ and Microcenter
have them for around $10(US).

I have sound cards with up to 3 stereo input channels, so I would
think the sound card would/(should) work "as is"...
                            Rick Glazier

From: "Paul Hachmeyer" <[log in to unmask]>