From:
Kevin Staggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 00:40:39 -0500
I have a new PC I'm installing all the software on for a friend
(Including Windows) and have run into a really wierd problem with the
soundcard.  I don't have any problem getting Win95 to recognize it once
I point it to the correct drivers, and it installs fine, shows no
problems in device manager.  The wierd part is it plays wav files really
soft, but plays midis and CD-Audio at normal sound levels.  Adjusting
settings in volume control has absolutely no effect on the volume
output.

I had the sound card and everything working correctly, but went to
install the new IDE drivers that came with the motherboard.  Somehow
they broke everything.  I've done a reformat and reinstall, as well as a
complete repartitioning/reformat/reinstall and still no go.  Anyone have
any ideas on what could be wrong?

System stats:
Lucky Star MB6-LX2 Motherboard
Celeron 300 CPU
64MB SDRAM DIMMS
Quantum Bigfoot 8.0GB Hard Drive
Cirrus Logic GD5465 4MB AGP Graphics Card
Opti 931 3D Soundcard
Samsung 32x CD-ROM
LT 56K Winmodem

Thanks in advance.