From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:22:44 -0500
Ray,

First of all, we need to know what BIOS you have.  Different
vendors/manufacturers use different codes.

Second.  You didn't say WHY you had to replace your old monitor.... maybe
the monitor was fine and the problem is inside the PC.  Especially since
you said that using the new monitor causes a different problem.  What
happens if you put the old monitor back in the system?  Do you still get
the beeps?  You may just have a bad video card or some other problem.

Lastly,  for many BIOS, the first long beep is just an announcement that
there is a problem.  The number of beeps following the long beep are the
code for the type of problem.
In general, three beeps is a RAM problem in the first 64K of memory. But
since we don't know the maker of your BIOS, we can't say for sure.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====