Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:45:47 +1000
There is a better way to achieve what you want without paying the over
priced external hard drives.

The solution is easy, just buy an external hard drive case, they are priced
at reasonable level, and provide both USB2 and Firewire interface.  All you
need to do, is to buy a normal hard drive from your trusted brand, and put
it into the case.  that way, you have freedom to have the hard drive you
want (size, speed, brand) and freedom to use either USB or Firewire
interface.  You also have longer warranty (3 years on hard drive), and less
on cost.

At this moment, I don't see any reason why anyone would buy a pre-made
external drive, since the DIY kit is cheaper, better, and easy enough to put
together (only one way to fit for everything, you just can't go wrong) for
any normal user.

Jun Qian