From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:49:21 -0600
FWIW, I agree that anyone building a system should get a P4 compatible power
supply, but nobody should hesitate to upgrade an old system to P4 because of
the power supply.  It may not be well known, but power adapters are
available from places like Egghead for about five dollars.  I upgraded our
computers using the adapters without any problems whatsoever.

Dean Kukral