From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:27:41 -0700
Unfortunately, this information is not correct. FDISK only marks the
partition geometry without writing anywhere else on the disk. It is possible
to run FDISK to repartition the hard drive, then run it again to reset the
partition back to what it was before. The information it contained is often
perfectly readable again! I have done this on several occasions. The best
way to "destroy" the information is to writ over it. There are utilities to
do this and they have already been mentioned in earlier posts.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>