From:
Mansoor Butt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:47:21 +0500
Hello , I'm new to the list. My hard disk is not showing good signs. After
every few weeks it gives the message "primary hdc failure. press f1 to
resume" on boot up. I pull the power cable to the hard disk and place it
back and the problem goes away but after a week or two again the same
problem. Also the light of the hard disk goes on even when nothing is being
read or written to the disk. When I turn the computer on the light of the
hd goes on at once and  remains on till well after win95 is loaded. Also
when I shut down the computer the hd light remains on for about 15 seconds
even after the "it is now safe to shutdown your computer" message. Is this
some thing to worry about. My hard disk is seagate 1.2 GB.
        My system is 586 133 mh AMD processor. I would like to know if this is a
32 bit processor or 64 bit processor. Thanks.

Mansoor Butt