From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 04:38:41 -0400
I would try to return the drive. They might very well give you a credit
toward purchase of a new drive.
If you paid by check or credit card, that should be sufficient proof of
purchase.
Check  http://www.videohelp.com/ for recommended burners.

Amy Ledford wrote:

>It is a Khypermedia burner. I don't get any error
>messages, it simply will not burn. One of the very
>first items I tried to burn was not even a movie--it
>was a Linux live version, which is a free download and
>because of its size, it must be burned to DVD, not CD.
>I have Windows XP, 30G HDD, 512Mb RAM, and both a CD
>burner and a DVD burner. This maybe should have beeb
>mentioned before: KHypermedia email tech support
>ultimately advised that the drive was "not bundled
>correctly" and advised that since I no longer have the
>receipt, etc, referred me back to the place of
>purchase. OfficeMax had the drive on clearance, so I
>dont think they will exchange anything.
>
>--- Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>What's the make and model of the DVD Burner? I've
>>returned two burners
>>that were faulty.
>>What error message do you get?
>>What is your OS and computer specs?
>>What is "The file in question"?
>>Many DVDs are copy protected and cannot be burned
>>using the programs you
>>mention.
>>See:  www.videdohelp.com for help on this subject.
>>
>>Amy Ledford wrote:
>>

>>>I have a few questions about burning DVDs.
>>>
>>>1.  I recently purchased a DVD burner drive, which
>>>will play and burn CDs, and will play DVDs, but
>>>

>>will
>>

>>>not burn DVDs. I have tried at least 2 burning
>>>softwares--Nero and Cyberlink's Power2Go. I have
>>>

>>also
>>

>>>updated the driver as well.
>>>
>>>2. Even if I cannot burn to a disc, shouldn't I
>>>

>>still
>>

>>>be able to save the file in question to my hard
>>>

>>drive?

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>