Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:23:43 +1000
Two major reasons:
1) driver conflict / system resources conflict - eg some devices don't like
to share IRQ, sometimes you need latest driver even current driver seems
working fine.
2) software - if you have software installed and running at background all
the time, you'd better check if you can get some software update, I've seen
too many software that suppose to fix problems but they cause more problems
then they may fix. (eg old Norton Anti virus may cause system can't
shutdown/restart problem, late norton update solved the problem)

By personal experience, I do NOT trust any of the following software:
Anti viruses - I do use anti-v program, but never ever enable
auto-protection.
Crash guard - they will crash system before anything else does, good job,
well done.

Jun Qian